Occupational Therapy Services at Home
Therapy is a big part of recuperating from injury or living with a long-term illness. When it comes to occupational therapy in particular, many benefits are posed to the ill, injured or elderly.
Occupational Therapist in the Home
With an occupational therapist, a patient can benefit from the following:
- Individualized evaluation to determine goals
- Customized plan designed to improve performance of daily activities
- Recommendations for adaptive equipment and training
- Guidance for family members and caregivers
- Evaluations on a periodic basis to ensure goals are being met
If your loved one qualifies for home health care and occupational therapy, you can expect a few things with the professional assigned to your case. Overall, practitioners offer strategies for their patients to manage daily activities while at the same time cutting back on the risk of injury or further decline. This is often a give and take process that will ultimately determine the correct fit between the abilities of the patient, the home environment, and the limitations of the illness or injury. Their main goal is to improve efficiency and maximize positive outcomes for patients.
Benefits of Occupational Therapy
- Allow the patient to rehab at home
- Help improve self-esteem
- Encourage social interaction
- Reduce stress
- Enhance communication
- Help patients regain strength
Each patient will receive a customized plan of therapy that specifically addresses their unique challenges. Some pretty amazing results can happen when the OT and patient, along with caregivers and family members, work together toward a common goal.
Why Use Prime?
- We are a Certified Home Health Care Agency.
- We provide tailored care to our clients individual needs.
- Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our agency accepts Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurances.