In-Home Diabetes Care Services
From establishing a healthy lifestyle to managing blood sugar and insulin levels, living with Diabetes is challenging. While there is currently no cure for Diabetes, the disease can be effectively managed with medications and a change in diet and exercise.
Prime Home Health Services can help lessen the impact the disease has on one’s health and well-being. The caregiver prepares meals for the client in accordance with a meal plan set by a doctor, home health nurse, or nutritionist (e.g. low sodium, low cholesterol, low fat, vegetarian, or vegan), manages medications, and promotes physical activity.
Diabetic Care Plans Include:
- Diet and exercise plan
- Compliance to prescribed medications
- Scheduled appointments with health professionals (podiatrists, dietician, diabetes educators)
- Individual health goals
- Regular care plan appointments give the patient a chance to discuss set goals, experiences, worries and results of diabetic checks.
Healthy eating is a cornerstone of healthy living, with or without diabetes. But if you have diabetes, you need to know how foods affect your blood sugar levels. It’s not only the type of food you eat but also how much you eat and the combinations of food types you eat.
Why Use Prime?
- We are a Certified Home Health Care Agency.
- We provide tailored care to our clients individual needs.
- Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our agency accepts Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurances.